Exercise physiology is the physiology of physical exercise. It is the study of the acute responses and chronic adaptations to a wide range of exercise conditions.
Exercise physiologists are equipped with the knowledge, skills and competencies to design, deliver and evaluate safe and effective exercise interventions for people with acute, sub-acute or chronic medical conditions, injuries or disabilities. Our exercise physiologists stay up to date with leading clinical research and deliver evidence based care when delivering their programs.
Some of our services include:
- Chronic disease management – osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, PTSD, cancer, obesity, asthma, diabetes and cardiovascular disease
- Sports and Musculoskeletal injuries
- Sport specific strength and conditioning programs – biomechanics, fitness testing, strength and power development, speed and agility, flexibility and exercise skill and technique
- Work related injuries and rehabilitation programs
- Onsite Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Onsite Ergonomic and workplace assessments
- Parkinson Exercise Program “Parkinson Warrior”
- Strength and Conditioning Exercise classes including “Forever Young” program
- Falls prevention – “Stepping on” program